Sunday 15 July 2012

Top 10 most unappreciated actors and actresses!!!!

10. Rupert Grint- He is appreciated, just not as much as he should be. His standout moment was for me 'Driving lessons'. Which was a cute little drama but he injected some much needed humor. Yet it wasn't in your face humor.....very subtle, very skillful.


9. Kevin Dillon- Johnny Drama!!!! He doesn't look like much but Kevin Dillon has some big acting chops! Yes I have only seen him in 'Entourage' but few people could show the fall to obscurity than the rise again that actors go through like he did........Much respect Drama!!!!

8. Alec Baldwin- He used to be one of the most famous actors out there, but It seems that people have forgotten just how Brilliant he is, and he is Brilliant. '30 Rock' as well as his SNL appearances really show his versatility. Not only is he a great Dramatic actor, but he can make us laugh to.


7. Laura Linney- This woman is fantastic, come on. From 'The Truman show' to 'The c word' she is consistently good. Come on Academy, wake up!!!!


6. Bill Nighy- This guy brings sexy back. Seriously he is so smooth in everything he does, whether its comedy or drama. The guy is just cool. He was hilarious in 'Love Actually', stole the whole movie for me. Even though he played a tiny role in 'the Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy', his role in that movie was by far the best in that whole production.


5. Emma Thompson- It is really baffling that she is not more appreciated. Two Academy Awards, Two BAFTA awards and an Activist to boot! 'Stranger than fiction' is my personal favorite of her roles.


4. Mark Wahlberg- The guy was the worst rapper since Vanilla ice, the kid can play a role though. 'Boogie Nights', 'The Italian job'......'The fighter'!!!!!! He should get the Academy in the next two years.


3. Jeremy Piven - This guy is a Jobber, a pure Jobber. I have seen him in so many films and in so man TV roles. In all of these roles he was either a cameo or a supporting cast but I always thought he was boss. I wanted more. I got my wish in 'Entourage' with his role as Ari Gould. As Ari Gould he not only met my expectation but smashed them threw the roof!!! Ari Gould is a bigoted Potty mouth and I shouldn't like him at all, but I do and that is the biggest compliment that I can pay Jeremy Piven.


2. Julia Walters- Few are better than her. I buy every movie she acts in, even though I could download them for free, just to support her. From 'Dinner Ladies' to the 'Harry potter' Franchise, whatever she is doing she make me believe that she is the person in the script.


1. Paul Giamatti- Just like entry number 3 this guy is a jobber. Perhaps the greatest jobber that I have ever seen. In every one of his minor roles he has stood out for me. He is an awesome actor!!! Not an obvious lead, but a lead non the less. My favorite of his many roles was a John Adams is HBO's 'JOHN Adams..... I predict that he will win an Academy Award late in his life.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any list suggestions will be welcome!!!!
Also any other thoughts you may have.