Monday 16 July 2012

Top 10 best quotes of all time!!!!

10.  'I believe in intuition and inspiration'- Albert Einstein
        one of my Favorites because at school I was constantly presented with my limits by different people but I always held a deep intuition that I could be whoever and whatever I wanted. When you act on your intuitions and are rewarded, you then are inspired to continue.


9. 'A poet can survive everything but a misprint'- Oscar Wilde
    As an Amateur I cant identify with being misprinted( please, just being at the level where my work would be in danger of being misprinted is my wettest dream), but as a poet that cares about his work I can identify with the horror of such a thing happening.


8. 'DON'T PANIC'- Douglas Adams
     There are literally hundreds of great Adams quotes to choose from, but this is head and shoulders the flagship because it is applicable in every situation.


7. 'Never try the local thing.You know why its local? because its shit.'- Dylan Moran
     My favorite comedian of all time and he really tapped into something here! I cannot count the number of times I went to some village or town or city, and was told that I had to try there thing(normally a food item that is only produced in that region) and it turned out to be simply horrible!


6. 'Fortune favors the bold'- Virgil
     This is actually my main mantra in life. I like throwing caution to the wind. Virgil was talking about the foundation of the Roman republic but the point is the same.


5. 'If you worry,you die.If you don't worry, you die anyway, so why worry?'- Basil Jay
     If you are right now scanning Wikipedia for mention about this man, stop right now. You wont find him as he was my grandfather. What a man!, what a mentality!


4. 'I would never say that I was the best manager in the world, but I was defiantly in the top one'- Brian Clough
I wish that I could break my rule for this list and give him more than one mention. So I want you all to do yourselves a huge favor and look up Brian Clough quotes on the net.....your sides will be aching!

3. 'We shall fight on the beaches'- Winston Churchill
     Maybe I am to much of a traditionalist, but this was a truly audacious statement in a truly audacious speech. Think about this: At the time of this speech France had fallen to Germany and America were not in the war yet, England was alone. Most of her tanks and artillery were left for the Germans at Dunkirk. Not only was England alone in the war and losing it, she was also bankrupt. Few people would of had the courage of their convictions in that environment.

2. 'If''- Spartan reply to the Athenians
At the start of the Peloponnesian war between Athens and Sparta the Athenians sent an envoy to the Spartans saying, 'You must realize that if we win we will burn your homes and enslave your women and children.' The above is what the Spartans replied......The Athenians lost.


1. 'Your friendship does cause my heart to ache, do be my enemy for pity sake'- William Shakespeare
We have all had friends like this.....With friends like these, hey!












1 comment:

Any list suggestions will be welcome!!!!
Also any other thoughts you may have.